Wednesday, December 15, 2010

winter

this angle makes our tree look more heroic.
in fact it is one foot tall, sits on the table,
and has a star made from an envelope.
Winter is here!
Look, we decorated...

the view from the loft. watch yr vertigo.

in-season handbags/our stockings.

Christmas jazz nightclub.
making French toast with big ol' slabs of bread.
will repeat for Christmas brunchtime.

recent acquisition: toaster oven.
new bff: see above.


KM expertly maneuvers through the installation.

KM: "Are you prepared to toast?"
Toaster: "Sure, where's the champagne?"



KM falls asleep from all the hard work,
while I struggle to keep the peace.

a Christmas card outtake.
first snow of the season!
outside the lobby of Good Morning Officetel,
our apartment building.


our street. come visit.
you've seen that we can feed you.

6 comments:

  1. Aww, I love it all...the tree, the toaster oven ( don't put it too close to the wall, those things get hot), the French Toast ( did you do it up the Kane way with an orange slice on the plate), and your envelope star! Have a wonderful Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the Englishiest Christmas in Korea ever! I am so proud of all my students and what they've accomplished. Looks just like Millville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Hope you guys have a great winter/holiday time. I love toaster ovens too - the easy access to melted cheese on toast and variations are worth it alone! Not sure if corn chips are easy to come by in Korea. That may be just as well; years ago I found that I could make stale corn chips good again by toasting them... but then I found out that they are the matches of the food world, as my toaster oven became engulfed in flame. So, learn from my mistakes. And take care! (Love, Jenny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Home is where the heart and the toaster oven are...I love ya'll. Have a great holiday! un abrazo muy fuerte...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful Christmas! I love reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pictures, your blog and you. Even though I am not thrilled with French Toast, that eggy bread looks terrific. The first snow looks inviting. Have a very Happy Holiday. Nannie

    ReplyDelete